Friday, November 18, 2005

Thanksgiving stuff (ing)!

I am grateful for Thanksgiving! It makes each one of us sit down and give thanks! (duh!). Even if for a minute. I am a grateful person, and one of my favorite sayings is "Thank God"; and within my breath "Thank You God". Every day you wake up to be who you are in this world, thank your god. I think "Lori's World" has a very nice perspective on it.


Also, it was probably my favorite time to go see my parents. My Mom's food was out of this world. And she knew it.. and she bragged in her own manner, and this made her happy! Then again, this Thanksgiving marks the 4th year of my Mom showing me her Mammograph results, asking me to confirm what later on became our battle. I should not be grateful for this memory or the fact that no longer the turkey tastes the same, but the illness only affected her body, and she only suffered physically one last day. Her spirit was never outwardly affected. And for that I am grateful!

But, 'in honor' of Thanksgiving , allow me to say thanks for things I have and love, and let me serve some stuffing with my ramblings. Sit down and enjoy!

I found the following Life Quiz in the blog entitled "A Day in the Life of..." So what the heck I took it. I am above average in most areas, except Friends/Family and Love; and these bring me below average in the general LIFE area (MIND got affected also). WAIT! Don't take pity on me yet. I found the descriptions under every area very accurate. And for those that know me, being very, very down in the areas of Friends/Family and Love, today Nov 18, 2005, is NO surprise! It doesn't help that I am the only child, and that my mom passed away recently. But it is a good picture of how these actual events are affecting my, otherwise, very healthy LIFE! (Hold on to the Zoloft!)

This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 6.1
Mind: 6.9
Body: 8.4
Spirit: 7.5
Friends/Family: 2.2
Love: 2.1
Finance: 7.2
Take the Rate My Life Quiz



I also went ahead and took the Dating Profile questionaire;

Your dating personality profile:

Sensual - You are not particularly shy when it comes to your sexuality. You know what you like and do not feel inhibited.
Wealthy/Ambitious - You know what your goals are and you pursue them vigourously. Achieving success is important to you.
Intellectual - You consider your mind amongst your assets. Learning is not a chore but a constant search after wisdom and knowledge. You value education and rationality.


Your date match profile:

Big-Hearted - You want someone compassionate, someone gentle and kind. A loving, nurturing person will fill that hole in your life.
Sensual - You aren't looking for someone who is sexually repressed. You want someone who is adventurous under the covers.
Religious - You seek someone who is grounded in faith and who possesses religious values. You believe that a religious person can enhance your life.


Take the Online Dating Profile Quiz at Dating Diversions

Not bad! Hey? Ok, so here is the rest of my stuff (ing)!

I love my 2000 BMW 325i ... but the maintenance costs are not so lovable!

I love my TREO 650

I still love my Special friend; I might be very, very wrong. But, you are not doing anything to make me/it right.

I only have 10 weeks to train for my 3rd Miami Half Marathon. GO TONY! GO GO GO!

Did I already say Happy Birthday to me? It was earlier this month. Being a Scorpio is like carrying a semi-automatic weapon.. you need to keep it under wraps. Right now, I am struggling to keep the Michael Corleone part of me tamed.
(This kitten should be firing away .. download and save as .gif, doubleclick and open, and it might work.)

And speaking of that... I love my friend Debbie! Who knew we would be here 13 years after I let my dark side go unchecked. Our lives are somewhat parallel. Im glad Im the only person besides your mom you get mad at! Maybe I will write something about her. If thats ok with her.

Lyrics from retro songs make more sense now: "so I'd like to know where, you got the notion.. to rock the boat.. dont rock the boat baby, rock the boat, dont tip the boat over..."

Milwaukee is a secret well kept.

How can you go from trying to keep a friend from some sort of depression and you are the one that ends up there?

Did you notice the new storm that formed just south of Cancun? It might affect Florida. Are you kidding me? A Tsunami last December, Katrina, Rita and Wilma, earthquake in Pakistan, Killer tornadoes in the midwest in November.... I am not an expert, nor I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express recently, but something is definitely wrong.

Give thanks! Love your loved ones! Give love unconditionally! Do not hurt your friends! Do not turn your back on them! -------> Happy Thanksgiving!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Sorry about your Mom....It's never easy when you lose someone....I'm just grateful for the time I did have with my loved one.

Thanks for stopping by my blog....And Happy Thanksgiving to you also!!!

Have a great day!!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Korey said...

Hmm, I'm tempted to take that dating profile test. I'm sure I'll see some very interesting results. As for Dowd, I didn't catch her on Hardball but that appearance might be worth tracking down.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Sweetmiss said...

After reading all of that, I'm not sure which to remark on or if to remark at all. I thought I was the only to jump around and touch on so many subjects, yeesh....

I am sorry about your mom.....

Hope you have a happy birthday. Remember to do something just for yourself.....

Sweet

6:57 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Sweet..
Allow me to help you out, please..

Hum .. you need someone sensual, huh?

Never made out in a BMW.

Does the TREO keep a track of your text messages?

Wild kitty!

Retro songs?


See. not that hard!!! :-D
T

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home