Friday, December 09, 2005

A FareWELL to a blogger!

Sasha;

This is a post that I started writing in your comments, and thought it was too long, but better yet, on its own, worth a post.

I was sad to access your blog and see those letters that read GOODBYE, along with the beautiful picture that I here copy from your site in your honor. I knew immediately what it was going to be about.


Somehow I was saddened to know you would be gone. But, I don't know you. Or do I? And am I really sad, or happy for you?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, your courage and honesty to make your sentiments public was simply eye opening. I have learned so much from you (and don't let me forget other bloggers) that I Know I am a better man. It has made me a little more understanding, tolerant and compassionate about human beings, and our struggles through life. And I am more open to things I was not before. I have a little more faith, because, as I already wrote, within your indiscretion, you always sought happiness and fulfillment for your and your partner. This was as honest as it comes, and if we hypocrites say we value honesty, we have to value everything you have to write about.

I think we watched you evolve. Your internal conflicts were real, and those of us who read it felt it that way. Almost 8000 hits since September back me up. This was not Halley Barry in "Monster's Ball" this was you; a real person. And lately the discomfort you were going through became clear, and how when you missed a few days, you would come back fresh, with sort of a different mind set.

So you write you have been happier lately, and so we all wish! Funny, the first time I saw your URL I thought it read "SMILER", and that's how I always thought about it although I knew better. I hope someday, somehow, I run into your future blog. I hope someday, somehow, to use one of Cheri's words, you are fulfilled.

Thank you, and Good Luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Tony! Your site looks amazing!! A total different feel to it (I liked the feel before but Someday is one of my favorite songs)!! What happened to the Norm Seinfeld avatar?!? - lol You know I am stealing that Video thing you got going there (is that okay??!)

I was upset that Sasha decided to stop blogging. I really enjoyed reading her blogs--in fact, we would have never found each other if it weren't for her blog! XOXOXO

3:15 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

(( BLUSHING ))

Well coming from you.. what a compliment.. thanks!

And if you are refering to Newman from Seinfeld... you'd better hide..

T

8:17 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you for visitng my blog, and posting your wonderful comments about the man who was killed on the airlines in Miami.

You have a wonderful site, and seem to have such a compasionate and beautiful spirit as well.

10:55 AM  
Blogger sasha said...

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home