Thursday, December 15, 2005

From My Point of View

When I started this blog, I entitled it “From My Point of View”.

While it would seem almost logical to give a name like this to a blog, please allow me to share the real reason for this title.


I spend a lot of
time on airplanes. I have been for the last 15 years. For whatever reason it is my mind starts wondering and thinking about all sorts of things, when I am cruising the skies. I have always carried a notepad to write when I get on an airplane. I have written letters, essays, poems, work reports, and even written on paper the lyrics to songs that I already know or like.

I sit by the window and I contemplate the world below. The shape of the land, the shape of housing developments, the streets that cross cities, the bridges that cross rivers, bays etc. I would have not known Lake Ponchatrain from Lake Michigan, if it was not for the many times I flew over it, as it peaked my curiosity as to its size and the closeness to the city of New Orleans.

I have seen the Golden Gate Bridge from above acting as it was holding off a massive fog, as its west side was completely cloudy, and its east side completely clear. I have seen the lights of Times Square from a plane, the smoky rubble of Ground Zero, the likes of Yankee and Shea stadiums; and a snow covered Wrigley Field.

I have seen the shapes of clouds undiscovered by the human eye from the earth below, a shade of northern lights, thunderstorms,
St Elmo’s Fire, the shuttle taking off in the distance, the Tuttle and Harley comets, Miami savaged by Hurricane Andrew.

And from my seat I look at a world from a different perspective. I have these thoughts, and I write them. And while I have never written a post on an airplane before, here I am, somewhere above the Gulf Mexico, seat 18D, traveling west from Florida to Texas, sharing my thoughts “From my Point of View”.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sweetmiss said...

No matter your reasons, I do enjoy reading your point of view. hope your traveling goes well.

Sweet

9:35 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a great way to fly, and use the experience in a way to transcend the powers of one's imagination.

When I fly, I am usually in fear, so spend most of the time on the plane worried.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

That's a interesting point you bring up....I think everybody has a place where they think clearer....or see things alittle different....There is this bridge right by my Mother's house....and I remember going there when I was 12years old.....and it always seemed to bring out the best in me....I still go there sometimes to just think!!!

I enjoyed this post.... interesting to find out how you got the name of the blog....Very creative!!!

Have a great day!!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Well, Thank You sweet. you sure are sweet!

Barbara, the way you wrote this, I started laughing.. so forgive me for that.. but I'll give you some food for thought... you are only afraid of fear itself.. think about it..

Lori.. thanks for sharing the 'bridge' part.. I really wish I had something like that!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

You've been tagged...LOL...Check my blog!!!

Have a great day!!!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Wow T! Very deep and what great inspirational sites you have seen! You should write more up in the air!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home