Thursday, December 29, 2005

New Year resolutions Plan

As a, not so good 2005 comes to an end, there is nothing left to do but to look toward a new year with a hopeful look! And while I take it upon myself to call 2005 a bad year, let me remind you that are plenty of people in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida that might concur with me. Not to mention those in Pakistan, and still all the people in the Indonesian region affected by the Tsunami On Dec 26th, 2004, because 5 days later they had to begin a new year with their lives destroyed. And there are many who have expressed to me this was not a good year, and many other who have not, whom might agree with me.

Its funny! (or not), that my first perception was that the number 2005 added to 7, and that should have been a lucky number. I wondered, as the year neared its end, if the proximity of the planet Mars to earth this year, had anything to do with the bad year. But then again, I have never been certified in numerology or astrology. And I am just taking my first steps in blogology. So there is nothing left for me to do but to get going on my new years' resolutions for 2006.

I will eat less, watch what I eat, exercise more.......... what in the world am I talking about? Scratch that list! Right now!! We do not need a un-realistic list of things to do; specially one that we have re-cycled before. No! Forget it! We need a plan! That is what we need. Something that says that tomorrow in the morning I am going to get up and do X, Y and/or Z. And that by next week I am going to measure my results and adjust accordingly. A plan. If you submit a plan to your boss, it better has a specific line of action, deadlines, the results expected, and a contingency plan. So why would you do this for the job that you complain about, but yet cannot do it for yourself? Because you get paid? The best return on investments are those that relate to our personal growth. Nothing else will change if we do not start investing in ourselves. It is time to get out of the rut and stop acting like caged hamsters, and induce change.

If there is something to be learned from Katrina, is that we have to take care of ourselves; because in time of need we are better off not counting on any one else. As we get more global, we need to be more self sufficient. What a dichotomy. But this also works on a personal level. While hope and faith are good things, we need to make sure our emotional needs are met from the inside. A not such happy person wont make a happy co-worker, friend, spouse or parent. I mentioned George Bailey in "Its A Wonderful Life" on my earlier post; think about the scene when he comes home contemplating the demise of his life, and how bad he treated his family.

So do not leave your welfare and happiness in the hands of others. Go and define these for yourself, and write your 'business' plan. And be the boss of something more important that any job or any entity; be the CEO of your own life. And while becoming the CEO of your newly found business, think about the spirit of treating everyone fairly and cordially, and regardless of the direction of your sails, make sure you do not run over others in the process of running (or ruining) your life. Every decision has its repercussions; so weight your actions against these and ask, is it worth it. As Einstein postulated, "every action has an equal and opposite reaction".

Good year, and Good luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sweetmiss said...

There you go again. Making me think.

Now I shall have to actually write up a plan for the few resolutions I do have? Do I get graded? It feels way too much like a school assignment. Do I lose points if I don't finish till next year about this time?

Yeesh T, ya gots me stressing now.

Wait, if you're the teacher, is there something I can do for you to make this assignment go away?

Okay, my mind just went in the gutter, it always does. I apologize for not taking this with any sincerity.

You can spank me later.

Sweet

11:45 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

"Ladies and Gentleman,
On the blue corner SINCERITY and on the red Corner FUNNY COMMENTS...
Lets get ready to rumble...."!!!

Thanks
love it!
T

12:12 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Like that T-, CEO of my own life. Business plans and all!! Love the graphics.

Gotta tell you , it sounds like a lot of work. An excellent plan but a lot of work to keep up. And after just finishing my 100 things about me to have to go into a serious 2006 business plan? You are killing me but it does make sense.

Of course I could just choose procrastination, spontaneous living and fun (and deal with the consequences!)

All these lists and plans are keeping me so busy, I don't have time to find Mr. Prince Charming! I think I am just going to wing it, screw around, pray for the best and rely on my blogging buddies for help! Hey wth you in my corner, I should do fine! Happy New Year T-!

6:17 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes. I too, on a personal level call 2005 the most painful year of my life. But it is all relative, I suppose. I have my house, a new job, my children, my husband, and much to be grateful for. Nevertheless, it was publically and personally a difficult year.

Let 2006 begin well.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Maybe it will be your best year yet!!

Have a great day!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger John said...

Cheers T.... you make so much sense sometimes it kills me.. Peace and happiness to you.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home