Thursday, January 26, 2006

What a VESHEEK!!


I want to coin a new word; VESHEEK!


From the english words; VERY SHITTY-WEEK!

I was recently reading in Fred's World about how he quit his senior human resources management position, and one of the things he hated the most were meaningless meetings. I do not know if his words were an omen or subliminal messages, but boy was I caught in a emotional web of non-stop conference calls and meetings. There should be a pre-requisite in college; Meeting 101 - Effective Meetings. This on top of a non-stop week workload that had me getting home after 800pm, and bringing work home! I was exhausted.

To put icing on the cake, after one of the conference calls, the girl I am dating called me. I knew she had been calling because my cell was the only one vibrating on the table in front of me, and I could see the caller ID. I did not have a chance to listen to my voice mail before leaving the meeting. As I answered, rather than 'hi' or 'hello' I got a "did you get my voice mail?" "No, I just came out of a meeting"; I replied in an extinguished tone. "Whatever" was the terse reply! At that point I knew that whoever crossed my path next was going to get my "Do you feel lucky, punk" - stare.

Later on that day, another friend called me to ask me to process some paperwork for her since she 'did not have time' to stop by the office. This involved a fax, which turned out to be unreadable. I told her I could not process that and she snapped at me. HELLO!! Who is asking who for a favor? Where is my astrology chart? I need to stay in bed next time reading It Ocurred to Me.

I should have known on Monday morning when I drove past the employee bus stop, saw no bus, went and parked, walked to the stop, and it was already leaving (it usually takes 10 minutes at the stop). I walked 12 minutes to the building, just to see a second bus pull over when I reached it.

What a VESHEEK!
Have you had one recently?

PS..Stay tuned; Sunday is my 5th Half-Marathon for which Im very ill prepared!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

VESHEEK....LOL

Maybe next week will be better!!

Have a great day!!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Glad I could help inspire a new word. Hope your weekend is better.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Wow can't imagine a week worth of ''Vesheek'' V - should stand for Vacation and eek - give me a break... T- Hope next week is better! And good luck on your half marathon.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Poor baby! But it did make a great new word! I love it VESHEEK! Most of my weeks are VESHEEK!!! LOL

Good luck on the marathon! I'm sure you will do great. But what matters is more that you have entered. It's not the finish!

1:34 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

My VESHEEK was alright, usual bumps in the road.

GOod luck with the Marathon! My son has ran 9 of them!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

That day of post about staying in bed was a Vesheek! Lol - great post and thanks for the plug.

11:09 PM  
Blogger sasha said...

i used your word in an email today! i'm sick this week, so i told my friend that it's all just "vesheek!"

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home