Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A muse-in my self!

Its hump Wednesday and for some reason I have all these thoughts in mind..

I have been thinking about something my friend Mary wrote to me regarding her thoughts on reading my blog; she felt that reading it may be voyeuristic since she knows me. What an interesting concept? Does most of the people that read our blogs are strangers? Could we be able to write everything we wanted to if we knew that everyone that read it knew us?

----------------------------------------
What is it about the Olympics games, whether summer or winter, that makes us watch? I swear I was not going to watch ANY this year. Well, I must note that the three girls representing the USA in women figure skating are adorable! Emily Hughes just like her sister Sarah has this beaming smile. I have seen Kimmie Meissner in a couple of interviews and her personality equals a lifetime of gold medals. And I remember how sassy I found Sasha Cohen the first time I saw her skate 4 years ago, and she is just getting more entertaining. In the short program she looked like the little ballerina I have seen in women's jewelry boxes. The great thing about these girls is to watch the joy with which they perform. Can you imagine yourself that joyful at work? What the heck am I doing watching this anyway?

----------------------------------------
Did you feel the same way as I did when you found out that 8 co-workers of a ham processing plant won the record setting 365million dollars Powerball prize? I was ecstatic! What can one person do with 365million? Buy a couple of pro-sport teams? 22 million for each one of them is great! I need to find out what products I might consume from this Conagra plant if any; I am betting that the quality might go down in the next few weeks.

----------------------------------------
Martha Stewart and Donald Trump in a feud? Can we please bring back Celebrity Death Match? Can we have them compete in the next survivor? Put them in some isolated island, make them go fishing, sleep in tents, etc ,etc. Is it a publicity stunt or can their egos be so big that they can't be on the same planet without this happening?

------------------------------------------------
Now, without trying to be labeled red or blue, allow me to convey my next point.

If I had a friend who was overweight and dieting, I would not take them to a buffet gathering. If I had a blog about God, I would not ask atheist for suggestions. None of the above guarantee negative actions. My friend might not be bothered by the abundance of food, and the atheist might give me some pointers without any confrontation; the point is that there are things that are not good ideas. It is better to stay away from them. Period!

Allowing a company from the UAE to watch over our ports, with all the pros and cons, is just not a good idea; period. And claiming not to know about it is another bad idea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Oh yea.....I felt the same way about the new jackpot winners.....All I can say is...Just one time...LOL

Have a great day!!!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

You are right - I too was glad to see an office pool and not just one person win that moolah! I hope that they remain friends through it all.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

All my readers are strangers. I like it that way. Even The Missus rarely drops by...but you guys are my Friday "happy hour" buddies. What happens here stays here.

10:31 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, it can be revealing or disturbing, depending upon how we look at it, to have those who know us read out blog!

Many of my family and friends read mine! Even my son does!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home