Friday, February 17, 2006

To blog or not to blog...

Who would tell me that writing in my blog was going to become my most relaxing activity!! I forget about the world! I enjoy looking for the pictures.. let my thoughts flow...

Especially after the last 72 hrs. Gee, my last two days at work have been non-stop. I had about 20 mins of lunch yesterday. I come home so tired that fall in a deep sleep the minute I sit in my sofa.

Have you ever being caught in the balancing act of work? How it is always easier to be 'scolded' for the small thing you did not do, rather than being recognized for the big part you were doing? Attention all line supervisors or managers, out there, be on the lookout for the good things, and praise people for them. Otherwise, if you have not been shadowing this employee all day, you run the risk of rubbing salt on a wound! Then rather than being just the boss, you become a very unlikable person.

But it is finally Friday, and the weekend is here!! Accompanied by a holiday on Monday!! I do not want to think anything about work all weekend long! And here I am blogging. Venting out. Letting all that tiresome energy rest in the abstract concept of cyberspace.

And what other choices are there on a Friday? I am too tired to go out. The Winter Olympics is not doing it for me. Maybe with the exception of Snowboard Cross and showboating young athletes on the verge of winning gold medals, and failing due to their exhuberance. Then, there is Cinemax late at night.. nah.. not for me. At least not tonight. So, I am relaxing by blogging.

And of course, I am going to also take time to read all those wonderful blogs out there that I like. Some of them I hate not being able to read more often; as when I come back to them I have fallen so behind! In the meantime, let me leave you with a couple of trivia questions, and i trust you dont look it up in the internet, but rather give it a good gues-timate; how much does skin alone weight? And how much area could it cover?

2 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am happy to hear you are having a more relaxing week.

Blogging is such a cathertic activity. For me, it creates a space where I can rant about the world, show my emotions about something going on in my personal life, or just plain stir up the pot!

Have a good weekend.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Glad to hear you are getting to relax. We all need it. You are so right, there is something to be said for the soothing of the soul one gets from blogging. All that was bad can be purged. All that was good can be exhibited and regaled. Enjoy the weekend. Monday is no holiday for me. But I make the most of the two days off anyway.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home