Wednesday, March 29, 2006

After-thoughts from my last post

I was caught between replying back to my 'blog-riends' regarding their comments to my last post, or making a new one... so here is the new post!

It seems like the radio show part caught a few by surprise. It was an idea that sprouted out in the cafeteria during lunch with some of my puertorrican friends that attended Marquette. It was a spanish radio show called "Latinoamericano". We played spanish music. Back then, there were not as many latin artists as they are now. Most of the music we played was "salsa" (from Puerto Rico) or "merengue" (from the Dominican Republic). These types of music were the heart and soul of any latin party as they are very 'dance-able'.

And then of course, back then we had to be proud of a puertorrican group called "Menudo" as their music started not only to reach other countries, but it was the start of crossing spanish music with music genre like rock, pop, etc.

I remember the radio station (WMUR - Marquette University's Radio) alloted us four hours, on a Sunday at 8am... OOOuuccchhhh . The first hour we used to play regular music. My roommate back then, Ruben, and I would alternate each week on who was going to come in early and do the regular part. I was a college kid!! College kids are not supposed to be up at 8am on a Sunday!!! I remember like yesterday how one Sunday morning I showed up with only one hour of sleep... I was passing out while playing music.. I was looking for all the long LP (remember?) versions I could think of. I started the hour with the Gap Band's "You dropped the bomb on me", and as it was ending my first words were "and after the night we had last night, you really dropped a bomb on me baby.. or so it feels like." My voice was very coarse, deeper and slower than normal. I sounded like the dj's on the jazz stations during the love-midnight hour. The phone switch lit up like a christmas tree!!

Sweetmiss wonders about what would I sound like... just let me tell you, last week I had a cold, and I was in heaven because my voice was sexy to the max! It can only get like that if Im awaken in the morning, and Im speaking on the phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking about sexy, regarding #41 and #42... I have always enjoy making the 'event' memorable! For those of you that 'sort of know me', I am not one to air my details, but ... pretty much the time in NY, I happened to have a high floor room overlooking all those Time Squares signs. From the moment I walked in and saw that, I knew what I wanted. There was a lazy chair next to the window. I wanted her to absorb the scenery. I really wanted her to remember it everytime she saw the light of Times Square; whether she was visiting NY, or whether she was seeing it on TV!

She was the same one on the white Mustang convertible with me driving from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara on 101 hwy, with the Pacific Ocean to our left. We did not plan it. She initiated it. It was very nice! A few years later she asked me if I remember that "road"! What else did she experience? Well, all I can say is that I hope she has good memories.

Regarding number #17, Dick Gumshoe P.I. wants facts... Well Dick, it was pretty interesting!! I was in college; I thought she was a cute and fun girl. She came in on the second semester so she was missing on the bonds the rest of us had already forged; so I lend a hand (or two). I just went out with her so that I could brag about it. I had seen some move in a movie the week before (it wont be disclosed), I used it, and it worked like a charm!!! So we ended up in my room with George Michaels singing "Careless Whispers" on the background. Ok.. here is the kicker, and one of the most unforgettable moments of my life; it involves a confession. That was my first time!!!! Yup, I was late, but I have made up some ground since then... Of course I was not going to tell her she was my first. Sometime during the night, she said "wow, tonight was a night for lots of firsts" !! Up to this day I am still wondering what she meant!!! <:-O

Anyway, at some time during the morning I went to the restroom, and passed by her white silk jacket with green letters. I stopped in front of it and paused for a long time wondering where to hide it. It was definitely a piece of 'memorabilia' I should have not passed on. Especially when some people in my adult life do not believe the story, and the Packers have not had their own cheerleading squad since 1988!

Relating these stories, and reading SPG comment, makes me want to do a 'Memorable Moments in my life' post. I already wrote about what I would do if it was my last day. I could very well write about what I have done that sticks in my mind. In the meantime, I am going to savour those myself tonight, and hopefully fall asleep with a smile! Lord knows I need many of those!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Memorable Moments in your life.....That sounds interesting....You should do that!!!

Have a great day!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Lori..
It seems to me like I just solved your M posting... I'll follow your lead.. go for it!
T

12:50 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for the help!!!

OK....But it may take me a week to think on it!!!

Have a great day!!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Wow!

I am a huge salsa and merenge fan. Being married to a Cuban helps.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Great and enlightening post, T. LOL and thanks for the gret tie-in to my "Dick Gumshoe, P.I." post.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home