Saturday, March 25, 2006

If I only had one day.....

OK... this idea has been lingering in my mind since I read Lori's post .

What would I do if I only had one day? Well, since the assumption is a theoretical one, so will be some of my answers. We will assume that everything can be done during a hours period.

I would wake up after 15 hours of sleep knowing its my last day I had to sleep. I make a list of all my possessions and who they would go to. I'd go to the ATM.... cash baby, Im going to need some cash... although Im planning on charging most things.. being single.. no one left to pay for the bill, just a loss amount in a blank column in some corporation tax return. The ATM would be in my local supermarket; open 24 hours, I will enter it, grab a cart, and ram it against all the neat displays they have.... nothing hateful.. just some fantasy of mine.

I am waking up the person I want to spend my last day with; he/she should be with me all day.

Tim McGraw has it partially right; I would go "sky diving, rocky mountain climbing" and would definitely have to go a few seconds on a bull named 'fu manchu'. I would walk to the one I love and look her in the eye, and ask her if anyone loved her any deeper. Then, I would ask for one long lasting kiss. However, I would walk to the one I dislike and sucker punch him straight in the nose.

I would be a kissing fool all day; "excuse me, its my last day.. do you mind if.."

I'll make sure NASCAR is racing that day, so that I can do a few laps at 180+mph doing what it is illegal to do on a highway. I would finally take a helicopter ride. And I would bungee jump. I would climb a tree. What am I going to be afraid of; dying?

Lord knows that I would eat a hamburger, some slices of pizza, a lobster drenched in melted butter, a pint of Cookies and Cream, or maybe 'Phish Food' from Ben & Jerry.. Im still deciding...

And hopefully before I go, someone will give me some good, mad, crazy loving!

OK Lori.. so It took over a week to post.. but I started this on the 19th.. too much thinking about it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

I think you should pretend it is your last day and do all those things anyway! (well almost all of them--just don't spend all the money!!)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

It's funny you bring that song up by Tim McGraw.....I thought about that song when I posted that post....and the movie ""If only""

Hmmmm ramming your cart into the neat displays and sucker punching someone might fall into that category of illegal...LOL....Least you would go out right...by making the news!!!!...I can see it now....Some idoit went into Wal-Mart and rammed the displays and then rammed the gate at Bristol and entered the race....He was doing pretty good till he pissed Tony Stewart off!!!....LMAO

Have a great day!!!

4:10 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

LMAO, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hmmm I'm rethinking that....Maybe I should've said Jeff Gordan!!!...LOL

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home