Sunday, April 23, 2006

Passion & writing!

pas┬Ěsion ((pshn)
1. A powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger.

I was once told I was a passionate lover. But, what did that mean? I tried to figure it out as I matured; I think I have. I have so much passion in me, a lot of times it is difficult for me to engage in an activity if it is not going to quench my thirst. In other words, if I play, I play hard.

The word passion carries the shallow connotation of being something
that it is express best in our sharing of emotions with others. The way we express our love, our joy or anger over that emotion. Couldn't it simply be that it is during those times that the emotions are so strong that they reach the level of passion? We hardly experience that intensity on our daily lives. On this same thought, the word passion could be easily exchanged with the word lust; as in lust for live. They are both intense, but one is often temporary, and not belonging to our spirit and mind.

A friend of mine once argued that the secret of life was in finding one's own
passion. I was just still trying to define it back then, so forget about trying to make sense of what she was saying. But, as I always do, and true to my nature, I do not let an issue go until it makes sense. And that is just simply, a result of my passion to grow, learn, understand and become a better person. How else are we supposed to find meaning in our lives or fulfill it? As Socrates stated, 'the unexamined live is not worth living'.

I think my friend was definitely right. If your passion is to act, and you find yourself on broadway, what a way of fulfilling your life! It does not matter much what you earn, or how many times you do it, because you are doing what you love! And then the question becomes, besides work, what are some of your other passions that fulfill your life?

I spent sometime today reading some blogs, and they are all so full of passion. And I am speaking of all the blogs I read. But, is the writing itself also a passion. I will have to say yes. Now, is it the writing, or is it the expressing of the feelings, or the longing to communicate our thoughts what fuels our writings?


Whichever it is, according to the definition at the beggining of this post, is just basically our strong love or hatre of a situation, and our joy in sharing it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Passion. Yes, the passion of ones beliefs is as strong as the passion of a love for a human being.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. It reminds me of where my energy should be put...in the passion of finding what I want. Thanks T-!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger erika said...

T thanks for that! I swear I didn't read your post before I posted mine. Yours was a lot better than mine. It is much more inspirational!

10:30 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

lol..
Erika it wasnt about that.. I was afraid you read my blog and then had a introspective moment!!!
T

10:38 PM  
Blogger erika said...

T lol nahhh you didn't do it. Just in a funk I will snap out of it. Thanks

10:09 AM  
Blogger erika said...

T do you mind if I link you?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

wow. what a post. thanks for shining the spotlight on this. as always, so eloquently put.

6:31 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Erika..
Oly when you find your passion!!!!

(hee hee hee)
PS Youre not the only one in the funk... Cheri is, SS seems to be.. I am.. Sing with me some George Clinto "we've got the funk.. gotta have some funk"

T

8:42 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm sitting here laughing out loud at the George Clinton "we've got the funk, gotta have some funk" remark! I will have to get my funk music out and load it up on my ipod as I have this song on CD somewhere! Too funny.

9:09 PM  
Blogger erika said...

T does it count that I have the radio on and singing on the top of my lungs?

Southern Sweetheart lol I know I did the same thing too and then turned the radio on.

9:28 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

And with that in mind.. we'll sing a medley...

we're going to tear this mother down
Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah

we're going to tear this mother down
Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah

11:37 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

You 2 are the cause of my laughter while sitting here at my desk this morning! Hilarious!! Thanks guys!

8:57 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hmm...Is this erotic, passion or both?

You are always filled with such insight and wisdom!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home