Monday, June 05, 2006

How do you.......?


I went out last night. Went to see the Soul II Soul tour with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Yep, the puertorrican boy somehow likes country.

The show was great!! I wondered since this was going to be the 4th time I would see them, if it was worth going. IT WAS! Faith is top three on my list of fantasy women. Tim has some songs that are just plane down fun. While Faith is the most 'de facto', polished superstar amont the two, Tim receives the bigger applause. I could not count the ratio of women to men that go to this concert, but my friend Jolyn went with a group of 4 girls; so that tells me something.

By the way, this concert provided me with the opportunity to use EBay for the first time in my life!! I can see how EBay can become an addiction. I bought better tickets, and sold my original ones. Since, I have been looking at everything in my house to see if anything needs to go on the block.

I had my friend over for dinner. Some grilled salmon on spinach lettuce, grape tomatoes, red-onions, feta cheese, slices of strawberry, douse with berry vinaigrette, and accompanied by flat rosemary bread. She had a choice of beverages, she chose a 2003, Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Merlot. Yes, there was dessert but we were running late. Ok, now that you know this, I cannot date you; otherwise, we would need to do McDonald's! Im kidding, there is more where that came from.

She came over and picked me up. We had a great time at the concert. Great seats! We had about 3 more glasses of wine. You know, the $7.00 dollar kind for a plastic cup, which quantity wise is just that, a little more than a measuring cup. And then it was time for us to go home.

I got up and felt my balance was a little out of whack. Now, I know how to hold down my alcohol; always have. So this felt weird. My immediate reaction was to look at my friend. She had no balance. My walk to the car was a big struggle. I was trying to shake the webs all the way to the car; someone had to be sober.

Once at the car, I asked her to let me have the keys. She wouldn't. I asked a few times and told her it was best if I drove; zip, zilch, nil, nada. She wanted to go dancing. I convinced her to drive to my house so that I can take my boots which were killing me. We made it alright. And once at home I gave her a bottle of water to drink, and tried to buy sometime in order for her to sober up. I went up to my room, trying to figure out something, hoping she might pass out if I took long enough. When I did not hear anything, I walked down to my living room. She was not there. She was in her SUV, with he lights on, obviously waiting for me.

How do you keep someone from doing whatever it is they want to do when they are a little inebriate? As I got in the car, I finally convinced her to forget about going dancing. She then said she was going home. I begged for her to hang around for 20 -30 minutes. I was not even making a dent into her reasoning. She finally went home, and I followed her. I was sober enough to notice she was using two lanes on a 3-lane road. She made it home. I saw her come out of the car, inside her garage, and I left.

This morning she called me to tell me she had left the engine running the whole night. WHAT? She was worried about maybe having damage her car, and now having to have someone come over and fix her battery etc, etc. I was thinking Mono Carbon- Dioxide, and how fatal that could be! I told her about me trying to keep her from going home; she didn't remember. I have been feeling terrible all day since she could have harm herself. We have all heard the phrases; don't let friends drive when they are in that state. But, how do you keep them from doing it, short of a physical confrontation to take those keys away?

7 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Tony! YOu do whatever it takes to keep them from doing anything that will harm themselves or some other innocent person. I'm glad she's alright but it certainly could have been worse than it was. Next time, take her keys and don't let her leave - if she's that drunk she won't remember you "fighting" with her to take them and she'll be better off for it.

Glad you had a good time at the concert. I'd love to see them!

1:00 AM  
Blogger erika said...

You hide the keys!!

Just so you know I am not a big fan of fish. I love pasta! I like any type of concerts.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

You sound like a great cook!

And, I completely agree with Erika. Hide them.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hiding them sounds like the best way, and then try to convince her that she lost them. I know this sounds a lot easier then what it is.

I would have loved to see those two in concert.

5:06 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Thank you ALL!!

The more time that passes by I feel worst.

I like Leighs idea of hiding them and say "where did you leave them" and play dumb.. but.. Im trying to think .. I dont think I had a chance at her purse without her noticing....

T
PS Sorry Fred.. wouldnt be able to date you either even if you like my coooking!!

Erika.. pasta was the second choice of the day.. WITH the salmon on top of it...!!! By the way.. Fish= good sexual food!

10:32 PM  
Blogger erika said...

LOL the things I learn from you T. But if it supposed to make you MORE sexual then it's a good thing I don't like fish.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home