Friday, June 16, 2006

What is Tony ....


Did you ever wonder what in the world are your fellow bloggers doing on their spare time when they are not blogging? Well, come on into my world, let me let you into what it is than I am doing, as I like to share some of the fun things I find in my life.

...READING

I just finished reading Nicholas Sparks "Three Weeks with my Brother". Who is Nicholas Sparks? You might have heard about a little book called "The Notebook" , recently made into a movie. Maybe you have heard about another movie starring Kevin Costner and Robin Wright Penn titled "Message in a Bottle". Or a Mandy Moore movie called "A Walk to Remember". All these were written by Nicholas Sparks. If you like to read, if you like a good love story, you need to get one of his books. In "Three Weeks with My Brother" he gets out of the love story telling, and instead tells of a trip around the world with his Brother Micah; but best of all he recounts his life growing up. If you had brothers and or sisters, you will probably get a kick of reminiscing about growing up with your siblings thru his eyes.

But that is what I just read. I picked up a new book entitled "Why my Wife thinks Im an Idiot". The author, Mike Greenberg, from ESPN, is a very witty, smart guy, who makes me laugh when I see him on SportsCenter. I saw him on a TV interview a few days ago talking about the book. He said that when his daughter was born, he figured that now for the first time he was going to be able to observe a woman growing up and finally figure them out. Five years later, now he is more confused! That sold me into buying the book.

...LISTENING TO

The latest release from PRINCE is titled 3121

If you watched the last show of American Idol, you saw Prince come in and put in a performance that was the surprise of the night and the talk of the town the next day. This album has dance music, funk, mixes of different music rhytms, and of course nice ballads. It has the power to put me in a very happy mood, and then again in a very relax mood.

....WATCHING

Is there anything else worth watching right now besides the NBA Finals??

I have had the opportunity to attend the first two games here in Miami, and I have lost my voice! It has been so much fun!! Especially when the best player of this series is one Dwyane Wade! The only player I have loved to watch after one Michael Jordan. But this one is special, because I knew of Wade before he came to Miami, as he played college basketball for my Alma Mater, Marquette University! GO D-WADE!! GO HEAT!! (And darn BLOGGER which does not allow me to upload my last graphic!)

14 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Lets see what do I do when I am not blogging?? Well summer I am ussually at the lake with my friends. I don't get to watch too much TV in the summer. I read books so fast so I don't have one that stick in my mind. So I guess thats what I do with my other time.

9:35 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds as if you have a nice variety of interests.

Like yourself, I LOVE to read, and Love Prince too.

Have a good weekend.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

N Sparks is one of my top favorites! Love his books!

1:22 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Erika..
You forgot, 'watch your friends go Ghost hunting'!!

Barbara.. u need 2 go get 3121

Green .. then you will also appreciate this book cuz he explains what was going on in his life when he wrote the books. For example, for The Notebook, he received 1 million dollars.. the first book he sold... at that time he was almost broke..

T

4:59 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I love Nicholas Sparks and have read every book he's written - several more than once. The book about his brother and growing up was great - I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. He's one of favorite authors.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Sparks is really good.... Notebook was awesome......everything he does is....I just got done reading a Lisa Childs book.....I hate when I get to the end...and I don't want it to end just yet!!!

I love the outdoors....bike riding.....I play frisbee in the evenings with my daughter...right before we catch lighting bugs....LOL

Have a great day!!!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Don't forget about watching the U.S. Open for us golf fans. It's been non-stop coverage since Thursday, and I've watched most of it.

And, it looks like you're a voyeur in that top picture. See anything good? :)

Have a great weekend!

1:04 PM  
Blogger scarlett said...

Besides watching the latest movie releases. I knit. I'm writing a book and it's not about having an affair. LOL Actually I have 3 storylines that I am working on.

Take care
-scarlett

2:14 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I'm afraid the most exciting things I have going when I am not blogging are ...
...Scratch exciting ...
...Being a homeowner, it seems there is always something to do to it, for it and about it. Today it was yard work. After all the rain we've had, everything had grown like bamboo.
....And then when I'm not doing stuff for the house, I'm catching up on my blogroll reading .. Here I am.

5:06 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

SS ...you are back!! Great you need to tell me which Sparks book to read next besides the ones that I mentioned.

Lori.. did you forget taking pictures of clouds?

Fred.. Tiger is out..Im not interested anymore.. sorry..Im the kind of fan he brings out on Sundays.

Scarlet.. lol.. WHAT ARE your stoylines!! Id like to know!


Hale.. something must be inspiring you besides those uninspiring 'hobbies"!!! Do u still follow the market?

7:51 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Is anyone having difficulty leaving comments in my blog?
T

10:55 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

What do I do when I'm not blogging?

I'm an avid reader, though I find that I'm not reading as much these days. The reading and writing parts of one's brain is different........if I'm all juiced up to write, then reading seems to fall to the wayside. However, this week, I have picked up a book entitled "Praying Naked," by Francis Stroud. It's a tribute of sorts to Anthony de Mello, a jesuit priest who also was an inspirational and spirtual writer and speaker. He wrote a book entitled "Awareness" which I stole for my blog name.

If I'm looking for an escape hatch through reading, an Anne Perry mystery does it for me anytime.

Gardening is high on my list. Since it had been raining for the month of June, I finally was able to tackle my garden of delights yesterday. I find that I can lose myself gardening.

NBA? No NHL!! Hockey Night in Canada in my household promotes good mental health! One more game to go. Go Oilers.

I'm also a huge baseball fan. The Blue Jays are my team. There's nothing like a summer day, with the game on the radio.

Writing...........I'm attempting to co-write a novel with a friend. And, it will have some "lovin'" in it heehee.

5:27 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Awareness.. thats right.. I forgot Canada has no representation in the World Cup
>;-) hee hee...

Alright.. Im ordering the Awareness book.. I am 'jesuit educated' .. so I need to!

T

1:09 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

Yeah............no soccer representation, unfortunately. Now, who beat the US of A? Ghana, wasn't it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :o)

I am thrilled to have promoted de Mello's Awareness book. It was published in the 80's so you'll have to order it online.

I can't tell you how much it resonated with me when a friend gave it to me to read. Whether I was just in the right frame of mind, or it put me in the right frame of mind, it certainly has "reframed" my perspective, and helped kick start my interest in spirituality.

Hey............I looked at your profile and I have a feeling that you and I have much in common with respect to enjoying the front of a "classroom" Here's to passionate extroverts! Yeehaw!

BTW...........Go Oilers!.......oh and I have the Open on TV as I write, half paying attention.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home