Sunday, June 25, 2006

Where has the time gone?

Where has the time gone?

They say time is the biggest commodity. Pardon my French, No shit!

Look, last time I looked at this blog was sometime last week. But it did not feel that way, although it is obvious that it is a fact.

Not only that, but June is almost over. Half the year gone!! I do not know about you, but I am pressing the panic button!! Hum, could it be that the globe is rotating faster and making its journey around the sun also a little bit faster? I am not going to use any more deodorant. I am joining the French! The hair mousse is going to the trash can. And tomorrow I am going to look into buying a hybrid car. Not only that, I am planting trees today all over my neighborhood. All the trees that were taken down by Hurricane Wilma last year. See? Thats me taking that picture last October.

So let me evaluate my week to try to feel a little better. Maybe I have not been here to blog, because blogger has been a 'bitch' lately. Is it me, or has everyone been encountering problems loading graphics, and wasting time waiting for blogger to save the work? I can certainly say that kept me away somewhat.


What else happened? OH, my MIAMI HEAT won the NBA Championship under the wonderful play of Dwyane Wade. Former Marquette University star. I was also a star in that university. At least in my own mind. And in case you wanted to know, I did go to see some of the 2006 NBA Finals- games. Something I always wanted to do since a I was a child. I spent a lot of time flaming people on the net, and being flamed also. It was amazing to see how many people were blaming the referees, while we here in were also fed up with the refs. We ended up having a parade here in Miami. And I cannot tell you the amount of money I have spent in buying souvenirs (tshirt, hats,jersey,etc).

I cannot also forget that living in Miami, we can claim that we are the one city in the United States that is directly affected by the 2006 World Cup. That is soccer my dear friends! One thing you learned about World Cup is that if your country is not represented, you root for the teams from your region. While I live in the USA, support the team and wish them well, being a latin boy, and understanding the culture behind the world's most popular sport (and not the US) I root for the underdog latin teams. That does not include Brazil, team that I watch with amazement as they are poetry in motion when it comes to soccer. Funny, this year I think England has the best team. We'll see. David Beckham not only has the best good looking wife (the former Posh Spice) but he also has one of the best shots in soccer. Wondered why they titled the movie "Bend 'em like Beckham"? On a short note, I like English people, but boy do they become rowdy and out of control when it comes to soccer. Its like watching your geeky friend get drunk.

Finally, I started writing what I think is a novel. FINALLY!! Sometimes in your life you just have to let things happen, you do not rush them. Shoot me an email with your email address, and I will send you the first two chapters. I need the feedback, I need to know if you put it down after the first page, or if you want a third chapter. However, it will probably be 2016 when I finish it.

Where does the time go?

8 Comments:

Blogger Awareness said...

yes...........it's best not to take a long blink. A whole week slides by and all of a sudden, it's Sunday evening again.

6:33 PM  
Blogger scarlett said...

Yes, time sure is flying by. Lucky you, to have the first 2 chapters done of your novel. I haven't started mine yet. At the moment, I have notes and drafts.

7:37 PM  
Blogger erika said...

When your a kid time seemed to go so much slower waiting for summer to arrive but not any more!



Please Please don't stop using deodorant.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm with Erika on the deodorant comment!

And welcome back to the blogosphere - I wondered where you had gone this past week. Looks like you've been having a blast without us! How dare you!!! :) kidding of course. Glad you're enjoying yourself.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

On the deodorant thing...when I worked in France and took the Metro to work, it was hell. Not only was deodorant in short supply, but I think soap was, too. So, let's not go there.

I don't know if you've seen that cartoon in action, but if not, here's how I had it on my blog.

As for the reading, I'm in the middle of reading three textbooks, so I have my hands full. But, if you want to know about the Renaissance, I'd be happy to elaborate.

Go Heat!

9:07 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Wow.. you guys can make it fun first thing in the morning in the office... and relax me before my one on one with my boss...

Awareness.. my life this year has been a blink...!

Scarlett.. Im scared.. all my life .. especially my professional life, most of the thigns I have done have been from outlines. NOt the case this time around.

Erika.. youre still a kid!! The deodorant is not the problem, but the anti-perspirant part is... whats the point of getting my shirts all wet?

SS... awwwwhh ..thanks.. hey you were gone for more than a week..

FRED.. I LOVE THAT.. EVERYONE.. click on the link that FRED is placing on his comment.. however. for a while now I have not been able to make my animated GIFS work with blogger... nt even the ones I have used before!!! Aaaarrggghhh

1:40 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

When was I gone for over a week? I didn't realize it -- thanks for noticing! :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

SS...From Madrigal to I Interrupt.. a week!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home