Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fourth of July Weekend

Its the 4th of July Weekend!

First of all let me say that I found so many pretty waving flags, but none of them worked when I uploaded to blogger. Blogger, that is unpatriotic!! I need a computer geekete to help me figure this out.


I apologize for not saying HAPPY 4th of July, but I have always found that to be stupid! Happy Mother's Day, Happy Father's Day, Happy New Year... those I can personalize. Happy Fourth?? Happy Memorial Day?


It is my opinion that it is a great blessing to live in this nation. On the other hand, let me take advantage to say that what makes this nation GREAT is the ability to question authority and discern, the ability to embrace others and the freedom of living your life without government intervention. Defending our freedom means anything that might put in danger any of these principles.

Now, I have never had the opportunity to be in Boston, on the banks of the Charles River watching the fireworks over the river, listening to the Boston Pops played live in the adjacent open amphitheater, but they usually show it on TV. Don't miss it. That is definitely something on my list of things to do. The other, watch the fireworks over the Hudson River in New York City. I remember one unforgettable night while in college in Milwaukee, with the fireworks over Lake Michigan, that was beautiful. I cannot think of any other better places, but if you do please let me know.

It is a sad thing that this holiday falls on a Tuesday and it will be weird for many to celebrate. I one for welcome the time off. And while I was planning a little trip, the reality is that I now prefer to stay home and catch up with my life. A little R & R, a little organizing. Stay up last night catching up with some blogs, doing some reading and research and just playing. Woke up late today, caught the 1130am replay of the first stage of the Tour de France, watched some good soccer on TV, laid out by the pool on a beautiful day, went to the Supermarket to shop for some groceries, cleaned out the fridge making it look sparkling, prepared myself a very nice dinner, and I am finally seating here, blogging and watching NASCAR with a Corona in my hand. Boy can I hear flutes in my ear playing the tune of "Yankee Doodle", and an image from a Bugs Bunny cartoon where he was playing that flute and that tune.

Once I am done here, I will check my Ebay purchases, will go up and change my sheets, and I will work a little bit more on my novel. And tomorrow?? Well, it is supposed to rain, and I am hoping that it starts early in the morning so that I can stay in bed late again, not necessarily sleeping but enjoying it. Most definitely wishing there was someone there with me. Yes, if you go on a date with me or plan to hook up you better be prepared to stay. Sex without the side dish is like eating the entree and not having the wine, the appetizer, the salad, the dessert and the night cap.

NOW that is a Happy Fourth of July weekend. Enjoy yours! Would you like to help me celebrate? And like my featured video says, "HAVE A NICE DAY"!

4 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

While reading your post from my office at work, staying in bed and taking it easy sounds perfect.

Have a great 4th of July!!

6:34 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Work?? On Sundays? Leigh, do we need to send Abe Lincoln accross the border??
T

7:43 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

You are right about the Boston fireworks to the Boston Pops. The TV coverage is excellent and can be seen all across the country.
...I used to go, but now the crowds are close to a million. They end ayt about 11 pm and because the gridlock leaving he city, I can't get home until between 12:30 and 1 am. Now I stay home and watch it on the tube.

Hope you had a gret 4th, Tony,

10:54 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Hope you had a great 4th Michael... stay dry.. and send some cute graphics my way also!!!!!
T

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home