Thursday, August 24, 2006

Say it ain't so!


Say it ain't so! There is no more Pluto!! Erase out of your mind the, My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies , nursery rhyme. No more Nine Pies! Only eight! Not only have I have been robbed of my innocence, my dreams, my virginity, but now this! Gee, global warming is a little worst than what I thought; Its getting universal and has done away with the 'icy planet'.

But it gets worst! Pluto, now demoted to a 'dwarf planet' (isn't a dwarf planet a planet?) is in danger of losing its long companion moon, Charon. Which hopefully wont be making commercial endorsements for Geico. Charon gets promoted to a 'dwarf planet'. Furthermore, the universe would now feature 2 more of these. And I thought the bureocracy and restructuring at work was out of whack. Ceres, once also a planet in the books I never read, was later demoted; it was called the lost planet as it was found by mathematical observations. It resides somewhere between Mars and Jupiter. And completing the list, the orbit designated as 2003 UB313 now becomes also a 'DP'. Now this mass could be easily called UB40 to make it easier for the rest of us to remember. Its 'finder' calls it Xena; the seductive but treacherous princess warrior (hum, maybe I will start calling some of my dates Xena). She gets a promotion. While Pluto, the god of the underworld, gets a furlough slip. I personally like Pluto. Maybe because its name is more user friendly than Uranus.

If you think that it would take forever to change the books, well think again. Places like NASA and Wikipedia already made the changes.

And before I leave, Im reminded of a joke I heard not too long ago.

Pluto arrives to Mickey's house, just as Minnie is being walked out of the house into an ambulance in a straight jacket. Alarmed, Pluto yells to Mickey "I didn't say she was crazy; just that she was fucking Goofy"!

12 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

I think the goverment just likes messing with my head.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

T, I think we were on the same wave length. Can we blame pluto?

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh...Pluto was a planet?? :)

2:54 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Great joke. I'm glad you referenced Disney, though, that's the only Pluto my kids have ever known.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

That's about number 5 of the Pluto posts, including mine. Well done.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Well I posted on this just a few minutes ago and then I pop over here...and see you have also....I knew you was on top of it...LOL

Have a great day!!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Tragic. Just tragic. Pluto was always my favorite. I think the other planets should have been named Donald, Daisy, etc.....

1:32 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

It must be a money thing. Think of how much money the publishing companies will make.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Tony, take care over there with Ernesto. Duck and cover...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Yes take cover.....I hope it isn't too bad!!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

Erika, Amheuser Busch loves messing with your head.

GE.. just "Blame it on the Rain"

Anon,.. 200am is obviously too late for you.

Fred, I am expecting the civil suit any day now.

MIchael, NO ONE beats your "as long as they dont touch Uranus" comment on Cheri's blog.

(((((Lori)))))!!!!

SS.. between that boy from BB and Pluto Im starting to question you!!

Leigh.. sad thing is that once again the boat comes and goes.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Question me??? Awww come on. You know I'm just having fun! ;)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home