Sunday, August 20, 2006

A weekend I missed out on.

Dear Blog, I have abandoned you for a week. But that is not as important as the fact that I have abandoned the blogs of some of my bloggers friends. Was I the one writing about balance last week? GE threw that in my face, correctly I must say. I need a week vacation. I need to recharge. I need leisure time!

I need to sit here in front of my tv, with my drink of choice (Orange PowerAde right now) , watching things like the Yankees against Boston. I need to be able to go to bed, and not fret about the things I need to do tomorrow.

I was looking forward to this weekend thinking I was going to do a little road trip and go and meet some fellow bloggers. Well, I couldn't get out of work early enough on Friday and get going, so I had to cancel. I got my share of crap for not going. Saturday morning I woke up to an Instant Message left in my computer at 3:18 in the morning; "I come all the way down here and you are too tired for me? I even took a shower. I tried to call you but you gave me a non working phone number. gee" Hum, I swear I gave up my right phone number. Maybe at that time I was saved from getting the call. But then, who knows what I was missing on. I do not get the shower part but its ok.. at that time maybe 'they' probably needed a shower. A COLD SHOWER! Trust me on that one!

And then I get a heckling call at around 7pm taunting me to come and meet them; 200 miles away! HUM, that call could have come earlier.

Then at 2:12 on Sunday morning a voice mail was left in my cell;

this is an audio post - click to play

YES, everyone, that is ERIKA after a few bud lights. PLEASE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING about her midwest accent!!!! It all started with me calling her on Saturday and saying I was Mr Smith from Anheuser-Busch and had a two cases delivery for her. Then, at five something in the morning a picture comes in... too bad blogger is not letting me upload. Huuummm.... toooo bad!

I wont get onto the details of how Erika and GE entertained me on Sunday. But definitely, these two girls sounded not only very fun, but also very sweet.

I am sorry! I definitely missed it! Lord knows I would have been the envy of both of your Fan Clubs. Thanks for making me feel a little as if I was there, and for the little fun. GE, now that Erika is gone, a big hug and kiss to you, and let this fun weekend carry you through the week! I am glad I got the chance to heard you laugh out loud with the shaving cream!

I am sure both of you had a great time! I missed out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

For the record, I'm pretty sure we tried to reach you several times.

No picture posting allowed! lol Jeez! You scared me!

The shaving cream was a RIOT, thank you for the laugh! Thanks for wishing me a good week! Next time, balance, and meet us early!

Note to self: Do not leave evidence for Tony when drinking or misbehaving!

10:17 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Hey I don't sound that drunk. I am pretty impressed with myself!

Shaving cream does have many purposes don't it!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

LOL...Love it! Sounds like GE and E had a good time without you anyway! :)

You sorry scoundral - I can't believe you didn't meet them!!!

:)

12:16 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Life is all about change...We all deserve a break once in a while...Please do not be hard on yourself AND enjoy the powerade!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home