Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Amazing Race


OK.. so let me start with a disclaimer; I do not work for CBS, and I do not have any connections to the production company of The Amazing Race. I just love this show!

I do not want to be an American Idol, neither would I like to go to some darn island and be a Survivor, nor I want to be living in a house being watched by Big Brother. Although, I could give Dancing with the Stars a try.

But I would love to do The Amazing Race! I wish I could leave work for whatever time is necessary to participate of this show. I am sitting here watching the premiere of the 10th season, and I am experiencing true jealousy!

The first leg of this race has taken the participants from Seattle, Washington, US, to Beijing, China! And lord knows what other great places await them. Another great feature of this show is the ability to watch and observe 2 persons-team interact with each other. I have seen some sharp people, and some messed up ones. I have watched many beautiful women demonstrate that no one is living inside the beautiful house ("I didn't know Thrifty was a rental car place, how am I supposed to know that" - Kimberly, season 10).

The Amazing Race has won the EMMY for the Best Reality Competition show for the last four years in a row! Check your TV listings and Don't miss it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm a lover of The Amazing Race too! I would LOVE to be a on that show!!!!! Love it!

And for the record, I'm a reality show junkie - but this show is one of the best and I watch with anticipation. I mean, who gets to travel 40,000 miles in a months time and get to see the sights of the world AND have a chance to win a million dollars???? :)

I'm glad I'm not alone watching this!

1:16 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Now I am going to have to watch it!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Awareness said...

Hi Tony!

I too am a passionate Amazing Race affecionado...........from Day 1. You know they won't let Canadians apply to be a contestant? I looked into a couple of years ago because I too would like to take part in this reality show.

Watched it last night........not a clear fav, but I'm leaning towards the emotionally disappointed Rhode Island Dad and his lesbian daughter.

Now, if they allowed me to be a contestant, what would my one line tag be? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... What would yours be??

12:47 PM  
Blogger TMelendez said...

SS.... LMAO... who won Big Brother?? I forgot... The great thing about Amazing Grace is that is traveling the way I like it.. 'you get there.. you do what youve got to do.. you leave'.

Erika... glad to keep you hip!

Awa.. my tag line?? Hum.. I dont know.. I know what it wouldn't be.. The model, the guy in a relationship... mAybe you and I can go together and be 'the bloggers'... as to my favorites.. maybe a little chauvinistic on this.. but the male models and the two brothers.. although the brothers let me down last night!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

Passionate blogging buddies......a little bit of aliteration in the tag line? Sounds great to me.

Can I ride the camel and do the bungee jump? Will you be able to eat the fish eyes?

I'd love to join you! Somehow we have to get Phil to agree to let a Canuck take part.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

This is one of my favorite shows as well. I would love to be able to be on this show. If you are ever looking for a partner...

Hope you are having a great day.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I'm afraid this show or any of its ilk is not my kind of programming. But I can appreciate yours and others enthusiasm for the shows you enjoy.
...I only have that passion for one or two programs ... "24" ... and the new Sci-Fi version of "Dr. Who."

An enjoyable post nonetheless.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I agree, Tony. This would be one show I'd totally want to be a part of.

2:33 PM  
Blogger scarlett said...

Yes, I too am a fan of The Amazing Race. The drama, tasks and most of all the places they travel to. You learn a lot too about the different countries.

Alas, I have been too busy to get a chance to watch this season. Has it started already??

2:43 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

I love that show!! Always suspense filled, action packed and you can't help but find a favorite team and route for them! That is the only reality show I really like that keeps my attention. Great choice!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home