Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Today would have been Mom and Dads 45th anniversary!

We would have definitely been celebrating... and me looking forward to see them celebrate 50!!

Before Mom died, Dad would forget this day. It was my job to call him a few days before to remind him, and constantly remind him every day until 'today'.

I do not think Dad forgets now. I am catching a flight tomorrow and quietly spending time with him. I have done it the last two years. God willing I'll keep doing it for the rest of my life.

I was supposed to get there today, but my own life gets in the way. I cannot stress out over the week, to stress out during my days off. I need a few days for me to rest, do the things I need to do, and keep things at my place in order. That day was today.

Funny; unless we married and have kids I guess home would always be where mom and dad lived. Tomorrow, I'm going home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

"Funny; unless we married and have kids I guess home would always be where mom and dad lived."

So true. Be safe and enjoy your time away.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Hale McKay said...

Enjoy the time with your Dad, Tony.

12:40 AM  
Blogger scarlett said...

Both my parents are deceased. Last month was 10 years ago that my dad died. My mother died in April 4 years ago.

Have a safe trip and quality time with your dad.

2:24 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Have fun with your Dad. The are dates and times in our lives that we will never forget.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Tony, hugs! Hope you're enjoying your Dad!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

HI Tony.

Hope you're enjoying some time with your Dad.

Home? I've lived far away from the place I called home for over 20 years now........ and when we are all packing up to head there for a summer vacation, my husband and I still say..."we're going home" However...when it's time to turn the van around and head east to our house...........well, then we're really heading home and call it that.

It's where your heart is.....and it can be in both places.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home